donderdag 21 januari 2016

Gene father of the fourteenth

The last couple of weeks I've been slowly grinding on and on.
And today I want to share some pictures with the actual progress on Mr. Mortarion, the death lord himself.


Still a lot of work to do and there are some parts that still need to be cleaned and basecoated.
But I'm pretty pleased with how the off white armour is evolving. Completely differenty from my Horus but I feel it's fitting for Mortarion. While I want to leave it open whether my death guard are still 'loyal' or have already fallen for the guile of the warmaster, I believe Mortarion always had a sinister aura. And that's what I am aiming for. My horus is clearly still the shiny, white armoured paragon of the imperial truth (I leave evil Horus for a possible second sculpt by Forge world). Mortarion needs a bit more grit, weathering, grime....Will it work out as planned? Well....we'll need to see about that! I still find envisioning the final result of a mini in advance very hard.

As a parting shot and because he's mentioned a couple of times: Horus





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten